Alhumdulillah means “All Praise is due to God” and are the words uttered by a Muslim when he/she is expressing gratitude to Allah. I find myself saying this numerous times a day and this post is a collection of moments when I have said Alhumdulillah during the past month.
Things I said Alhumdulillah for in September:
1. For new blogging opportunities that increase my passion for what I do.
3. When your Eid mhendi is SUPER dark!
4. Long drives through the desert.
5. Watching Baby Z grow an attachment towards his great grandfather, and seeing them enjoy activities together like painting.
6. Having deep conversations with my grandfather, as he recounts stories from decades ago.
7. Loving gestures from friends that show you they care, for example bringing back chocolates from Switzerland! (Thanks Tani! @ourbigdubaiadventure)
8. Hearing the story of how my grandfather and grandmother came to be married. They just don’t make Love like that anymore.
9. Feeling like we conquered Potty Training! Woohoo! Read all about my experience of Potty Training Baby Z here.
10. Watching Baby Z perform for his first ever video shoot, and so proud to see him do so well.
11. Enjoying a dhow cruise with friends.
12. Meeting far off cousins from UK for dinner and discovering you have more in common than you thought!
13. Exciting e-mails… or even just generally the sound of my phone going *ping* with a new email.
These are just a few of the many times I uttered the words Alhumdulillah this month. Check out what I was thankful for last month here. Also, here’s a list of what I was thankful for in September last year! What are you thankful for? Feel free to share your moments in the comments section below!