Alhumdulillah means “All Praise is due to God” and are the words uttered by a Muslim when he/she is expressing gratitude to Allah. I find myself saying this numerous times a day and this post is a collection of moments when I have said Alhumdulillah during the past month.
Things I said Alhumdulillah for in January:
- Good Health. Teething and winter viruses have made a comeback to our home, and it is only at times like these that we truly realise how much we take good health for granted.
- Reflecting back on life since weaning Baby Z. Read more about that here.
- Seeing my Dad as he made a quick pit-stop to Dubai before returning back to UK, after his 15 day trip in India.
- When the Umrah Visa finally arrives! Hooray! By the time you are reading this, I will be in Madinah. Alhumdulillah!! You can read more about my feelings about going to Umrah here.
- Having Baby Z back to his normal chirpy mischievous self after a bout of the flu.
- Celebrating my very first Blogiversary! So proud of how far this blog has come in one year, and I am so thankful to every single person who reads my blog. THANK YOU!
- For winters filled with sunshine. Nothing better than sunshine to pick up your mood and have you give a skip and a hop!
- Meeting talented business owners at Market OTB in Burj Park.
- Enjoying dinner with my family at Burj Al Arab. Yes, you read that right! Read more about that spectacular and unforgettable evening here.
- Seeing Baby Z’s 19 month old fist casted in a frame, which was created by Tootsie Toes. More of that to come very soon on the blog!! Watch this space!
- Having the chance to meet inspirational people whilst taking care of my bubbly little monkey at the same time.
- Taking part in another family photo-shoot, this time with Picture People. Photographs from our shoot and my experience to come soon on the blog!
- Finally having my very own Blog Planner so I can be organised and do lots of box-ticking. Ticking boxes makes me very VERY happy.
These are just a few of the many times I uttered the words Alhumdulillah this month. Check out what I was thankful for last month here. What are you thankful for? Feel free to share your moments in the comments section below!