Alhumdulillah means “All Praise is due to God” and are the words uttered by a Muslim when he/she is expressing gratitude to Allah. I find myself saying this numerous times a day and this post is a collection of moments when I have said Alhumdulillah during the past month.
Things I said Alhumdulillah for in August:
1. Celebrating special occasions such as my birthday, wedding anniversary and Baby A’s (my niece) first birthday with the family.August is a jolly (and expensive) month in our household!
2. Getting my hands on The Cursed Child script-book. I am indeed a happy bunny!
3. Receiving gifts galore from my parents (as well as sister and brother-in-law). They well and truly spoil Baby Z. My mother, being a teacher, has sent lots of activities for Baby Z to develop his motor skills, and I am excited to bust them out and see how he gets on with it!
4. Welcoming my grandfather to stay with us for a month. It is such a great blessing for Baby Z to have his great-grandfather around and watching them bond and interact.
5. Watching Baby A take her first steps, and seeing the eagerness and excitement in her face as she discovers more of the world.
6. Trying out new make up! The excitement is unreal!
7. Seeing all the Back to School excitement and reminiscing my own school days.
8. For a supportive husband and sister that took care of me through out the weekend when I fell terribly ill.
9. Being able to feel well enough to attend my niece, Baby A’s, first birthday party! AARGH, How is she already ONE, that little cutie pie!?
10. For play areas in malls that come to save a cranky toddler that needs entertaining in the middle of government paperwork errands! Thank you thank you thank you! I was ready to tear my hair out before I found you!
11. For seeing things as they are when they are put in perspective. Works WONDERS!
12. For the miraculous time when Baby Z puts away ALL his toys. Have you read my Open Apology to Baby Z’s toys yet?
13. For quiet days and busy days. Both in equal balance. It keeps me sane.
These are just a few of the many times I uttered the words Alhumdulillah this month. Check out what I was thankful for last month here. Also, here’s a list of what I was thankful for in August last year! What are you thankful for? Feel free to share your moments in the comments section below!