Alhumdulillah means “All Praise is due to God” and are the words uttered by a Muslim when he/she is expressing gratitude to Allah. I find myself saying this numerous times a day and this post is a collection of moments when I have said Alhumdulillah during the past month.
Things I said Alhumdulillah for in December:
- For preparing and enjoying our first outdoor Barbecue of the winter season, even though it didn’t end quite as planned. It was still delicious!
- Celebrating the UAE National Day by having a family day out to the Dubai Garden Glow, and being thankful for the generosity of this country we call home.
- Having my husband travel safely to and back from his business trip to Oman. Even though it was only for two days, it was lovely to see that Master Z missed his father so very much!
- For an endless supply of chocolate in my drawer.
- Enjoying yet another lovely long weekend with the family, this time at Global Village.
- Managing to pack within the luggage limit for our trip to India, including the 30 kg of bottled water for Master Z. Here are my thoughts of returning to my roots after a decade!
- For delicious mince pies! I am not their biggest fan, but watching every one enjoy them on my Instagram feed made me crave them so very much! Darn you, social media!
- Celebrating Mr Z’s Birthday on the flight and road to India! I am blessed with his endless love for me and our son.
- Flying to India and being reunited with my grandfather, as well as my parents and baby brother, Mr A, who joined us from England.
- Being disconnected from the Internet, enjoying every moment of reality and adventure of our stay in India.
- Watching the Uncle-Nephew relationship blossom between Master Z and my baby brother. Also how spoilt Master A was thanks to my parents!
These are just a few of the many times I uttered the words Alhumdulillah this month. Check out what I was thankful for last month here. Also, here’s a list of what I was thankful for in December last year! What are you thankful for? Feel free to share your moments in the comments section below!