Alhumdulillah means “All Praise is due to God” and are the words uttered by a Muslim when he/she is expressing gratitude to Allah. I find myself saying this numerous times a day and this post is a collection of moments when I have said Alhumdulillah during the past month.
Things I said Alhumdulillah for in November:
- Landing back in UAE safe and sound, from our 5 week holiday in England, after a 7 hour journey alone with the toddler. I could not have asked for a better journey with a happier toddler. The aftermath wasn’t as great, but at least the journey was smooth.
- Realising all of the little and big blessings I have due to living in Dubai, including things like weather, bigger rooms, availability of halal food being so common, hearing the Adhan five times a day, and so many more things that we easily take for granted.
- Being showered with kisses by Baby Z without being asked/ prompted/ bribed.
- Eating seafood al fresco in Jumeirah. It doesn’t get much better than that, does it?
- Talking to inspirational people and surrounding one self with positive energy.
- Making the decision to self-host my website, and having great help from my cousin to do so.
- Having a supportive husband, who is cheering me on all the way. I must always mention him in my monthly lists, yet every month he finds new ways to give me the energy to strive on and love me. I love that man! (Also, if he brings me roses and chocolates, why wouldn’t I love that man?!)
- That feeling of coordinating a new outfit and cutting off the label before wearing it. Yay for new clothes! hehe!
- Rain. Nothing beats the first rain fall of winter in Dubai….if you’re lucky to catch it.
- Kind People. If you haven’t already, this post will explain it all.
- Teething gel and calpol. Also alternative pain killers such as toys to help distract a teething toddler are a god send! I would have gone insane without those miracle workers.
These are just a few of the many times I uttered the words Alhumdulillah this month. Check out what I was thankful for last month here. What are you thankful for? Feel free to share your moments in the comments section below!