Alhumdulillah means “All Praise is due to God” and are the words uttered by a Muslim when he/she is expressing gratitude to Allah. I find myself saying this numerous times a day and this post is a collection of moments when I have said Alhumdulillah during the past month.
Things I said Alhumdulillah for in May:
- Our stay at Tilal Liwa Hotel. It was so peaceful being out in the desert, with both my beloved boys.
- When Mr Z changes the nappy without being asked. Having such a supportive and hands on daddy to Baby Z is something I am always grateful for.
- Long weekends with the family.
- Exciting new opportunities, even if they don’t materialise. Sometimes just the thought or possibility of something bigger can get you inspired.
- Praying in congregation. A good change from praying at home, and reminds you of the strength of unity.
- Getting my blog back. I had a blog scare around mid-may when it went under DDoS attack, and the website was down for a few days. I was so thankful to have it back and it really made me realise how much this blog is worth to me.
- Baby Z’s Birthday. I still can’t believe my little monkey is 2 years old!
- A well timed poo from Baby Z, just before we go out for the evening and change into lovely brand new clothes. If you are a parent, you will know this euphoric feeling.
- Cutting in to a perfectly ripe avocado.
- Enjoying the first watermelon of summer….before you start sneezing…
- Counting down to Ramadan…
These are just a few of the many times I uttered the words Alhumdulillah this month. Check out what I was thankful for last month here. What are you thankful for? Feel free to share your moments in the comments section below!