Alhumdulillah means “All Praise is due to God” and are the words uttered by a Muslim when he/she is expressing gratitude to Allah. I find myself saying this numerous times a day and this post is a collection of moments when I have said Alhumdulillah during the past month.
Things I said Alhumdulillah for in March:
- This month began with a lovely meet up with the UAE Mom Bloggers for a Coffee morning at Picture People UAE. It was great to finally meet face to face with all the ladies and lovely how well we got on straight away!
- Meeting an old friend who I haven’t seen for about 8 years (!!) and catching up. Talking away made me realise just how many things we have been blessed with since our school days.
- Decorating the new home piece by piece. The bedroom has been a work in progress, and I am so happy with the way it is turning out. Hoping to share my favourite bits and pieces with you next month!
- When the DIYs turn out better than expected. I am a huge fan of doing DIY, but it doesn’t always go as planned, so this was a lovely suprise!
- Attending Tani’s (from OurBigDubaiAdventure) Baby Shower was such a lovely experience. Of course winning the play-dough game had nothing to do with it…*cough cough* hehe!
- Getting comments saying that Baby Z “is behaving so well.” He’s no saint, and can have quite many toddler tantrums for the most bizarre reasons, but he sure puts on his angelic face when other people are around, and this is more of a relief than anything else!
- Good Food. Enough said. (Check out my review of Cocktail Kitchen here, or my meal with Al Nafoorah in Jumeirah Emirates Tower, here.)
- Taking and evening stroll and discovering new places in our local area. Nothing like a little bit of fresh air and discovering a laundry place that may come to use one day.
- Praying in the open air of the desert. There is something incredibly peaceful about praying amidst nature, whether it is in the middle of a desert or on the beach side.
- For being a mother to such a clever little boy, who knows exactly how to put on my makeup!
- Seeing new ideas come to life. I have been working on a little project and seeing the end result in REAL has made me very very happy! Take a look at it here and here.
- My husband’s undoubted faith in me. Alhumdulillah.
- Hearing the heart breaking news of a fire that scorched an entire residential tower in our locality. Really made me count our blessings for our lives but also the necessities around us such as roof over our heads.
These are just a few of the many times I uttered the words Alhumdulillah this month. Check out what I was thankful for last month here. What are you thankful for? Feel free to share your moments in the comments section below!