Alhumdulillah means “All Praise is due to God” and are the words uttered by a Muslim when he/she is expressing gratitude to Allah. I find myself saying this numerous times a day and this post is a collection of moments when I have said Alhumdulillah during the past month.
Things I said Alhumdulillah for in July:
1. Celebrating Eid ul Fitr with the Family. It was all about road trips and staying cool in the malls, but spending it with the loved ones is what is most important.
2. Praying Jummah (Friday Prayers) at the Shiekh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi. It is simply stunning in there.
3. Good food and good company. Always one to be thankful for.
4. Having husband return safe and sound from a short business trip.
5. Watching Baby Z have such a great time splashing in the swimming pool during our staycation at Al Raha Beach Hotel.
6. For new opportunities and prospects thanks to this blog.
7. Spending quality time with Baby Z and not having to worry about the mess!
8. Watching photos of my dear friends getting married and finally join the “We’re Married” Gang! Wish I was there to witness these special moments, but pictures will have to suffice.
9. Finally having the courage to begin Potty Training Baby Z!
10. Walking into an AC controlled cool room after being in the blazing Dubai Summer Heat for roughly two minutes.
11. For not being addicted to Pokemon Go. Enough said.
12. Hearing Baby Z say new words almost every day! Though it doesn’t quite sound the same as the actual word, it fills my heart with pride!
13. Having a throat tickle dissapear after taking five Honey and Lemon Strepsils.
14. Watching Baby A (my niece) be spoilt and smiling widely in the arms of my parents (Her grandparents) back home in UK, during their month long vacation there. I miss her plenty, and so does Baby Z, but I am equally happy she is having such a great time there!
These are just a few of the many times I uttered the words Alhumdulillah this month. Check out what I was thankful for last month here. Also, here’s a list of what I was thankful for in July last year! What are you thankful for? Feel free to share your moments in the comments section below!