Alhumdulillah means “All Praise is due to God” and are the words uttered by a Muslim when he/she is expressing gratitude to Allah. I find myself saying this numerous times a day and this post is a collection of moments when I have said Alhumdulillah during the past month.
Things I said Alhumdulillah for in February:
- The beautiful sound and smell of Rain! I surely miss the bright sunny weather, but I know we will soon be complaining about the Dubai summer heat in a month’s time, so for now I am taking it all in and reveling in the cosiness that this weather brings.
- Attending our weekly Music Monkeys Class and watching Master Z flourish into the confident little boy he is under the care of Catherine. Read more about my experience with the Music Monkeys classes at KidsHQ here.
- Receiving photographs of the flowers that my sister and I sent our Mummy for her birthday back in the UK.
- Enjoying a Family Day out at Dubai Parks & Resorts where we accomplished visiting 3 parks in ONE day! Read all about it here!
- Planning something exciting for next month and having people agree to be a part of it!
- Having a gem of a husband who gives me so many great ideas! What would I do without this fellow? (Even if he keeps postponing Date Night and always makes me freeze at night by keeping the window far too wide open!)
- Good Food/ Snacks. Especially tucking into the Cadbury Dairy Milk Whole Nut bars that my mum sent over with a relative! Cheers Mummy!
- Feeling relaxed at the new hot spot that is Lapita Hotels, watching the boys splash in the pool after an amazing Polynesian Brunch.
- Friday Prayers in the Masjid for a change, instead of at home.
- Being able to have one to one adult conversations with like minded ladies, and that too face to face, not on the phone or whatsapp!
These are just a few of the many times I uttered the words Alhumdulillah this month. Check out what I was thankful for last month here. Also, here’s a list of what I was thankful for in February last year! What are you thankful for? Feel free to share your moments in the comments section below!